Monday, September 24, 2007

This Is Where it Gets Exciting!

I've decided to begin this blog to explore the impact that technology has on my work in the classroom. Although the real energy of teaching definitely comes from interactions between people (student-to-student, teacher-to-student, colleague-to-colleague,) I am constantly amazed at the power of technology to transform those interactions. In the last 6 years, almost every aspect of my career has evolved, leading me into a new way of teaching that is inextricably meshed with technology.

Electronic communication, interactive Internet resources, classroom hardware, and management software programs have turned what used to be the fairly constant, somewhat static, insular world of the classroom into an ever-changing, open-ended window to the world at large. Teachers and students are connecting with each other and with information in ways impossible only a short time ago. For me, technology has amplified the wonderfully enriching experience of connecting to people, which is what drew me into the field of education in the first place!

1 comment:

Paul Langdon said...

A very interesting blog indeed... I can't wait to see what you do with it over time!